Our client urgently looking for a enthusiastic and motivated Mechanic with knowledge of Diesel Engine and Hydraulics, will be responsible for maintaining everything in and around our yard related to the dredging and ship industry.
He will be responsible for all maintenance, modification and fabrication of stored equipment, yard own installations and some installations on board of vessels at the yard.
- Maintenance, error finding and repair of machines and installations on a mechanical level
- Perform maintenance on moored ships in the broadest sense of the word
- Troubleshooting (diesel engines, generators, hydraulics)
- Performing repairs and overhauls on engines.
- Handling reports for the superior (both mechanical and financial) concerning repairs and reporting back desired improvements to the equipment.
Job requirements :
- Candidate must possess at least SMU in Engineering / Automotive or equivalent, but you have interesting work experience that fits well with the vacancy? Then an application is welcome as well.
- Self-starter with a hands-on mentality.
- Being able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Approximately 5 years relevant work experience in the maintenance of machines / installations for the heavy industry (for example: pumps, turbines, compressors, cranes, diesel engines, ships)
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems
- A good communicator, both in writing and speaking, also in the English language.
- Good general computer skills (Microsoft Office applications).
Join us by forwarding your English resume and other credentials in Word or PDF format to:
Please take note that applications to other e-mail addresses are not accepted and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your kind understanding for this matter is appreciated.